You can learn SO much from the extensive “Pageant Interviewing Success Made Easy” book as it is really more of a “program” with all its great resources and exercises. Still, much can be gained from working over-the-phone of in-person with a great coach.
Personalizes pageant interview coaching may be just what you need to improve your overall experience and maximize your score.
Here’s a short list of how personal coaching can help…Would it help you to improve in one or more of these areas?
- Build confidence in general (or sound less “pushy” if you are already super-confident).
- Stop rambling to get to the point with grace and ease
- Master both tough and deceptively “easy” questions
- Overcome fear with current event or controversial questions
- Be sure your pageant paperwork reflects the best you and sets the stage for a great interview
- Improve relationships with sponsors (and make it easier to get more)
- Communicate about your platform more effectively
- Reduce or eliminate stage-fright
- Have more fun!
- Let your fabulous personality shine through to maximize your potential
In coaching sessions we’ll assess your strengths and identify areas for improvement—some you may know about and perhaps there will be some areas where you didn’t realize that a little “tweak” could really make a difference. Some things may be easy to “fix” on the spot, others may take practice. Whatever you need, we’ll make a plan to get you there.
Interviewing skills take practice so be sure you practice at home or with a friend, even if you are working with a coach. Even brief practice sessions can make a difference if done regularly. But what works best in working with the expert guidance of a coach?
How does coaching work?
I offer several packages for phone coaching, though in-person can be arranged if you live near me. Yes, you can get much accomplished over the phone as the main focus of our work is how you think and what you say. Give it a shot, you’ll see. There are some other creative options too, but we’ll talk about that when we “meet.”
In terms of time…we’d start with a one-hour appointment. In that amount of time, we can review your pageant paperwork, assess your skill level, consider the preferences of your pageant and go over some basic interview questions. (Once accepted as a coaching client, be sure to email me your pageant paperwork and any previous pageant scores you have).
After that, depending on your particular needs, your learning style, and our mutual schedules, and the package you choose, we might schedule the available time in 30 minute sessions to allow us to work together more frequently and over more time, and we’ll adjust as you learn and practice. Or, for others—especially those who don’t have much time before their pageant—we might schedule a larger block of time to “power through” a lot at once.
Whatever package you choose, the focus will be all on you and perfecting your materials, your communication about your platform (assuming your pageant has one), and how to be more and more comfortable and your best self in personal and on-stage interview so you impress the judges “effortlessly.” Individualized pageant coaching is all about tailoring to you to help take you to the next level.
To help meet your needs, I offer several packages. How much time or money you want to put toward coaching is, of course, up to you, your goals, your current skill level and your budget. Click here to review some of the advice I give in my book on this.
Coaching is by application only so please review that information after reviewing these coaching package options:
- 1 hour session ($150)
- 2 hour coaching package ($375—limited-time $25 discount off the regular $450)
- 4 hour coaching package ($550—limted time $50 discount off the regular $600)
- 6 hour coaching package ($800—limited-time $100 discount off the regular $900)
- 8 hour coaching package ( $1000—extra special limited-time $200 discount off the regular $1200)
- 10 hour coaching package ($1200—extra special limited time $300 discount off the regular $1500)
Email me if you want to arrange:
1) A personal, private one-day “Interview Image Workshop” where we’ll work on your interview content and communication style but also focus on your look, your walk, standing, sitting, etc.). If you are new, this could get you off to an AMAZING start. If you are experienced, this could be the “make-over” or the “icing on the cake” you need to land the title. No matter what, you’ll learn a lot, have a lot of fun, and take your interviewing skills to beyond the next level.
2) For me to come to your area to work with just you or a group of contestants.
It would be great to work with you! My time is tight, depending on the season, so I work with coaching clients on an application basis.
If you are interested and are really ready to make progress from whatever level you are at, please email me with this information (Please put “COACHING APPLICATION” in the subject line) or fill out the form below:
My schedule various greatly from week to week (less so in the summer) but I generally can take clients on Mondays and Fridays, with limited evening availability on some days and limited availability on weekends.
Please feel free to offer your preferred times realizing, please, I may not be able to accommodate that specifically though I would, of course, try my best!